Weekend Holosseum Leaderboard

Browse through the announcement archive

Re: Weekend Holosseum Leaderboard

Postby Anil » May 4 2017, 12:45pm

He's talking about rewards for the missions. Meaning like 15% of the gold and power stones.
Anil

Postby ATA_Marvin » May 4 2017, 3:03pm

Yhorm-loves-v wrote:
ATA_Marvin wrote:
spencer wrote:Holo crystals were awarded last weekend as bonus when you completed a mission that went towards faction total. This weekend will completed missions holo bonus exist and be split among participants of the mission?

The Holocrystal bonus for completing a Holomission will still be there for this weekend. It works the same as last weekend in that the amount you receive is based on your contribution to the mission. The more you contribute, the more Holocrystals you will receive up to a maximum of 15% of the total Holocrystal pool. The amount you receive will go towards your individual placement on the Weekend Holosseum Leaderboard and towards your Faction's placement on the Weekend Faction Holosseum Leaderboard.

Marvin I'm lost can you better explain the 15% and the holocrystal pool? Does that mean we only get leader board crystals if we complete a mission? And can only get up to 15% of the mission even if you do 20%?

The Holo-crystals you collect from each battle will count towards both leaderboards as will the Holo-crystal bonus reward you receive for completing a Holo-mission (just like the Gold and Power stones). The Holo-crystal bonus reward is a contribution based reward. This means that the total number of rewards that is displayed in the rewards section of the Holosseum page are given out based on the percent that each individual player contributed to the Holo-mission (ie. the amount of Holo-crystals collected). The maximum amount of the contribution reward pool that one player can earn is 15%.

Hope this clears it up!
ATA_Marvin
Game Designer

Postby ATA_Marvin » May 4 2017, 3:06pm

Lord-of-magic wrote:
spencer wrote:Thanks good to know!

Wait. So you can earn an additional 15% of the crystals by completing a mission? So all crystals you earn from an attack get a 15% bonus (at max) when the mission is completed? And that just adds to your total on the individual leaderboards?

During the Weekend Holosseum events, each Holo-mission has a Holo-crystal reward for completing the mission. That reward is a contribution based reward so you can earn up to 15% of the total displayed within the rewards section.
ATA_Marvin
Game Designer

Postby spencer » May 4 2017, 3:34pm

You complete a mythic say there is a 100k bonus.

I do 10,000 holo crystal contribution which is added to my score. And then if we complete the mythic I'll get whatever percentage my 10k was of the 100k bonus added on. If my 10k was 5 percent of mission is get an additional 5k from the completion bonus.

Hopefully my explanation is right Marvin.
spencer

Postby ATA_Marvin » May 5 2017, 10:00am

spencer wrote:You complete a mythic say there is a 100k bonus.

I do 10,000 holo crystal contribution which is added to my score. And then if we complete the mythic I'll get whatever percentage my 10k was of the 100k bonus added on. If my 10k was 5 percent of mission is get an additional 5k from the completion bonus.

Hopefully my explanation is right Marvin.

Close, but not quite. The 10,000 you collected will be compared against the Holo-crystal goal amount that is need to complete the Holo-mission. So if the goal is 65,000, you will have contributed 15.4% of the total. As such, you will earn the max of 15% of the 100k Holo-crystal bonus reward, bringing your reward to 15,000 extra Holo-crystals.
ATA_Marvin
Game Designer

Postby Clamyboy74 » May 5 2017, 6:43pm

Theydidthemath
Clamyboy74

Postby goread_forums » May 5 2017, 10:06pm

i rather preferred last weekends event that encouraged more faction participation than this iteration.
goread_forums

Postby SpongeBlob » May 7 2017, 5:16am

So nextweek they will reward only to 3 i guess..lol..ata seems to love to discourage factions ;)
SpongeBlob

Postby LYS » May 7 2017, 5:38am

SpongeBlob wrote:So nextweek they will reward only to 3 i guess..lol..ata seems to love to discourage factions ;)

Lol, saw a bunch of people complaining about people in the top factions benefiting even if they don't contribute, so they took that feedback into consideration and changed it. I mean, I may not have done the same amount of work as the top members in my faction, and I got the same rewards as those who broke their backs and bank accounts to get top. Now those who do the work get the big prizes. No slouching here. Do work to get the big prizes. Seems like the ATA team lurks in wc...so they saw the complainers and listened to them. I'm not gonna fault them for listening to you guys...I saw a few people complaining about it...lol, I really did like those rewards I got last weekend, lol.
Help me gather more info on the trial Island in my thread Trial Island & Mythic Holo Info Gathering
LYS

Previous

Return to Past Announcements