Oldest Faction?

Promote and recruit for your factions here.

Oldest Faction?

Postby Hagrid » Dec 28 2017, 9:22pm

Oldest Faction?
Hagrid

Re: Oldest Faction?

Postby Tyrant » Dec 28 2017, 9:53pm

There were groups that had sort of “alliances” before factions, they wouldn’t raid each other. They were [EL] Elite Labs and [BG] Blob Grinders, I believe. Think EL formed first.
Tyrant

Postby magikarp » Dec 29 2017, 12:25am

You're correct MonsterScrub. Elite Labs came from an earlier version of Smash that was a public beta test.

When this app was released there were no factions. So we formed group chats on LINE. The known agencies (those that made recruitment threads in the forum) were: EL, BG, Monster Club, Syndicate, and Smashers.

We were ready with admins and recruits to fill the 25 spots as soon as factions came out. Aside from that, time has worn down many players from our collective ranks, and some of the most successful players have come from recent history. A legacy in a tap-tap game doesn't provide much.... other than insight into the game before the added features. Lol.
magikarp

Postby Tyrant » Dec 29 2017, 12:33pm

Haha, now that name is a throw back! Lol, haven’t been MonsterScrub in a while.

I wish I knew when I started that I’d still be playing, then I’d have actually put thought into my decisions early on, haha. Was inactive. Nice to see that some other oldies stick around though. I got all that information second hand, unfortunately. I didn’t start until June 2015, long after factions started.
Tyrant

Postby RoRo » Jan 18 2018, 12:53pm

This was kind of cool to know and read.
RoRo

Postby SpongeBlob » Jan 22 2018, 8:32am

I want The Crusty Cragg to restore its glory
SpongeBlob

Postby howdy1991 » Jan 23 2018, 8:44am

Pin everything magicarp ever says please.
howdy1991

Postby BigSkinny » Feb 6 2018, 1:01pm

magikarp wrote:You're correct MonsterScrub. Elite Labs came from an earlier version of Smash that was a public beta test.

When this app was released there were no factions. So we formed group chats on LINE. The known agencies (those that made recruitment threads in the forum) were: EL, BG, Monster Club, Syndicate, and Smashers.

We were ready with admins and recruits to fill the 25 spots as soon as factions came out. Aside from that, time has worn down many players from our collective ranks, and some of the most successful players have come from recent history. A legacy in a tap-tap game doesn't provide much.... other than insight into the game before the added features. Lol.

Dang I didnt know MC was one of the first factions  that was my very first faction
BigSkinny

Postby magikarp » Feb 6 2018, 2:15pm

Lol BigSkinny indeed they were. Here was their thread. link . Notice that they are sometimes called Agencies? We didn't know what the devs were going to do. We just made groups of friends on the forum and LINE. MC was one of the big guys early on. They finished well in the Salty's Revenge event.
magikarp

Postby EatDeezNutz » Feb 7 2018, 5:43am

I miss smash the way it was back in the old days.
EatDeezNutz

Next

Return to Factions