Roleplay.

Ask questions and share your feedback.

Roleplay.

Postby patookapatty » Jan 13 2018, 9:40am

So here in smash, ppl say that roleplaying is not allowed. In meego, it was fine and smash and meego are kinda the same? ( er, I don't know ) but could someone confirm if it's okay or not and I know this post will get a lotta hate since apparently some ppl don't like meego gamers here but okay, it's fine if you hate this, then I'll know what type of person you are. So, yeah.
patookapatty

Re: Roleplay.

Postby dolph » Jan 13 2018, 9:44am

The end
dolph

Postby Tyrant » Jan 13 2018, 9:50am

No rp.
Tyrant

Postby SavageHipster » Jan 13 2018, 10:01am

I think it should be allowed, people should be allowed to express themselves
SavageHipster

Postby Tyrant » Jan 13 2018, 10:25am

Then express yourself. Not some wack ass character you made up that you think allows you to act like an idiot.
Tyrant

Postby magikarp » Jan 13 2018, 3:26pm

patookapatty wrote:I know this post will get a lotta hate since apparently some ppl don't like meego gamers here but okay.

We don't hate the people from Meego but rather some players came from Meego and have refused to acclimate to Smash. Some of them wear their identity (as a former Meego player) as their only way to converse in WC. Every interaction has to include that they're from Meego and it reinforces the difference between the two groups. We can't share common ground if you keep isolating yourself.

It's similar to those Smash players that show off about being a vet because that's their only bragging right. In reality, it's quite pathetic if they've been playing for a while and have failed to grow a decent account.

Some of us played Meego previously and have joined the Smash community. There are many PimD players here as well and I believe that they're ridiculed more for their RP. You are not alone in that regard.

But I digress 🙃.

You are allowed to RP on the public channels but it still has to abide by the rules. A few helpful reminders would be to:

😇Keep the RP kid-friendly. If you wouldn't say it in polite conversation then avoid posting it on SMASH.

Don't spam. Idle chat is ok but it is still rude. Some comments can be repetitive and very annoying. If nobody is playing along with you then consider dropping the topic altogether. You don't want to be a Debbie Desperate and force a conversation in WC.

Be mindful of the context being used. Some words change their meaning when they're used in combination with other words. Try to keep the double talk on the euphemism side (rather than a double entendre).

👹Impersonating another player, a representative of ATA, or in-game messages are not allowed. If you're mocking another player then make sure that the joke is obvious.

Don't ask for RL info and don't exclude certain people (for example: "hi i wanna RP with only 17 or younger girls"). That's not cool. Also, don't give out your username to chat elsewhere.

There is a degree of leniency imho, but the slippery slope stops somewhere. You're welcome to send feedback to appeal any silence (unless your feedback notification says otherwise). You can also send your suggestions to policy changes via feedback.

For more information please visit:
Forum Code of Conduct
World Chat Rules of Conduct
Terms of Use
magikarp

Postby patookapatty » Jan 14 2018, 4:55pm

Thaaaaank you! Finally! TYSM
patookapatty

Postby Tyrant » Jan 14 2018, 8:13pm

PigDemon’s post was removed?
Tyrant

Postby magikarp » Jan 14 2018, 11:52pm

Tyrant wrote:PigDemon’s post was removed?

I think that PigDemon deleted his own post. I found nothing wrong with it personally. It was interesting to hear from a former Meego player about the state of WC over there.
magikarp

Postby Tyrant » Jan 14 2018, 11:57pm

magikarp wrote:
Tyrant wrote:PigDemon’s post was removed?

I think that PigDemon deleted his own post. I found nothing wrong with it personally. It was interesting to hear from a former Meego player about the state of WC over there.

My thoughts exactly 🤔 almost, lol. I never played Meego so I couldn’t say, but a chat based on role play doesn’t seem very community oriented.
Tyrant

Next

Return to Questions & Feedback