Frequently Asked Questions

Share your gameplay strategies.

Frequently Asked Questions

Postby smash » Nov 4 2014, 1:48pm

Basics

What do I do in this game?
As you work towards world domination you'll create, upgrade, and transform your monster army in order to attack cities and take over districts/zones.

How do I become stronger?
As you progress through the different zones your enemies will become stronger. To stay on top and assure a victory you'll need to continually upgrade and transform your monster army. As you level up monsters they'll become more powerful and earn new skills that will assure your victory.

What is Gold?
Gold is the basic currency of SMASH Monsters. It can be earned by attacking other cities as well as collected through your own city that passively generates gold. It's used to create, upgrade, and transform monsters as well as to build up your city.

What are Element X?
Element X is a premium form of currency that can be used to recharge your energy, create monsters, and more!

What is Energy?
Energy is consumed with every city you attack. When you run out you’ll have to either wait for it to recharge or purchase an energy recharge using Element X.

Controls

How do I perform a basic attack?
During battle simply swipe along a line of buildings and your monster will perform its basic attack.

How do I use a skill?
In addition to basic attacks, monsters can have a wide variety of skills including buffs, heals, and attacks. Select a skill from the bottom skill bar, and either swipe on the map (if an attack) or tap the monster (if a buff/heal).

Monsters

How can I upgrade my monster?
You can level up your monsters by either sending them blobs, or sending them out to battle in Trials Island and the Holosseum. You can also transform monsters if you have enough of the same monsters!

How do monster types work?
Certain types of monsters are better against certain types of buildings and will inflict additional damage. When you're attacking with a monster, look for the BONUS DAMAGE text above buildings.
  • Blue is strong against Red
  • Red is strong against Green
  • Green is strong against Blue

Social

What is a wall?
Your wall is a place for players to write messages on your profile for all to see. Be it thanking someone for their help, declaring them your rival, or anything in between this is a handy way to leave your mark.

Chat + Messaging

Is chat moderated?
Yes, World Chat, Player Profiles, and the Forums are all moderated and as such are subject to our rules (indicated below).

What are the rules for in-game chat?
The rules are as follows and apply to all public channels in game:
• Do not use profanity
• Do not use indecent or inappropriate language or pictographs
• Do not bypass the language filter
• Do not spam the same message, or variations of the same message, 3 or more times in 5 minutes
• Do not use language that promotes discrimination or hatred towards individuals or groups due to ethnicity, nationality, gender, orientation, or disability
• Do not share or ask for personal information, including last names, addresses, and phone numbers
• Do not link to or promote illegal activity
• Do not harass, advocate harassment, or make false accusations of another person or entity
• Do not impersonate the moderators or developers
• Do not impersonate another player in a harmful manner
• Do not advertise 3rd party applications

What are the rules for posting on the forums?
Please read over the Forum Code of Conduct which can be found here.

Support

Where can I send feedback / ask questions?
You can send feedback and questions directly to the development team from within the game.
You can access feedback through the "?" icon at the top right of your main screen > Help.
Once the support team responds, you will see an alert in the help section.
smash
Developer

Re: Frequently Asked Questions

Postby *mootar (01) » Jan 26 2015, 11:31pm

How can I get the shark!?
*mootar (01)

Postby Sethosaurus_ » Apr 7 2015, 3:06pm

Mootar, it's a rare drop from the uncommon monster creator.

I haven't heard of anyone getting one from the epic/alpha/dm creator.
Sethosaurus_

Postby WSLONG1983823 » Jun 2 2015, 9:41am

我账号有问题 你不给我解决吗? MD
WSLONG1983823

Postby *quaco (01) » Jun 2 2015, 1:42pm

The shark is pretty horrible.
*quaco (01)

Postby bogywey » Aug 4 2015, 4:38am

how can i get legendary blob??
bogywey

Postby kingshark » Sep 28 2015, 7:48pm

How can you get power stones
kingshark

Postby Tommelz » Oct 3 2015, 1:30am

@Kingshark, by completing the daily events and at the moment also from the raid/blob wars where there's a chance to win them(Because awards are random) when you reach 4k of orbs.
Tommelz

Postby Lordro » Oct 20 2015, 4:08am

What is dna used for?
Lordro

Postby kingdoms_at_ » Dec 22 2015, 7:38am

Shouldn't spam be "3 messages that are the same or similar in 5 minutes." Not "3 messages that are the same in 5 minutes."
kingdoms_at_

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy