More. Stuff.

Discuss anything SMASH related that isn’t covered above.

Re: More. Stuff.

Postby Tyrant » Dec 16 2017, 3:38pm

You may have beaten Arc, but your monsters won’t be ready for a new island, and your defenses won’t keep up. If you’re not at least in Leg, then either you’re garbage and prey on lower players or your monsters aren’t ready for a new island. Even if you have one team that can beat Arc, you’ll need multiple teams that can beat the new defense, which will have over level 129 lasers. Good luck keeping up if you’re new. Don’t ask for stuff you aren’t ready for.
Tyrant

Postby Gwyn » Dec 16 2017, 6:48pm

Gista wrote:You may have beaten Arc, but your monsters won’t be ready for a new island, and your defenses won’t keep up. If you’re not at least in Leg, then either you’re garbage and prey on lower players or your monsters aren’t ready for a new island. Even if you have one team that can beat Arc, you’ll need multiple teams that can beat the new defense, which will have over level 129 lasers. Good luck keeping up if you’re new. Don’t ask for stuff you aren’t ready for.
I don’t know why you assume not having maxed monsters or max defense means I’m not ready for a new island. It’s not like it’s going to start out at level 130 defenses and destroy me.
Gwyn

Postby Tyrant » Dec 16 2017, 10:56pm

Oh no, you’re right. Because all the other islands have overlapping levels. It would be safe to assume we won’t need high level monsters at all. In fact, you shouldn’t even level past 70 because the new island will be easy to beat with those 🙄
Tyrant

Postby -Boobie- » Dec 17 2017, 2:25am

Oh my o.o
Moar Respek to da chamION
-Boobie-

Postby Gwyn » Dec 17 2017, 3:59pm

Gista wrote:Oh no, you’re right. Because all the other islands have overlapping levels. It would be safe to assume we won’t need high level monsters at all. In fact, you shouldn’t even level past 70 because the new island will be easy to beat with those 🙄
of course it would jump from 90 to 129. Silly me.
Gwyn

Postby magikarp » Dec 17 2017, 11:57pm

While both sides have made salient points I think the release of a new island would hardly make a difference. Players would be able to defeat the new levels with ease. I say this because the last level in the Adrena Trials go beyond Level 129. The trials even limit you on which monsters you can use and that mechanic hardly deters players from completing the trials.

On one hand, you do have regular players sitting with maxed out monsters, and they have little left to work towards. So, the new island would be rather easy. But, the resulting fallout would be that now you have an even more expensive tier of blueprints to use.

The content from the new island wouldn’t last and it won’t be long until players start asking for another island. All the while neglecting the issue that buildings cost far too much relative to their stats. The price points simply do not scale to their stats.

IMHO, the devs won’t release a new tier of buildings until there are enough players with max bases. I say this given the experiences we’ve had since the release of the Pavlov levels. New levels do serve as a way to extend in-game content and currently there is no dire need for a higher tier of buildings.

I would be happier to see the price of buildings drop to a more reasonable cost, have the community grow more max Arctica buildings, then release a new island.
magikarp

Postby funkyhat » Dec 18 2017, 10:16pm

Well said Magikarp.
The new island won’t change much tho imo
Jus new lasers to look at, new sound effects and bigger numbers too. Then we’re back to wanting new islands again lol
funkyhat

Previous

Return to Other SMASH Discussion