GG

Discuss anything SMASH related that isn’t covered above.

GG

Postby magikarp » Feb 10 2018, 11:44pm

TL;DR: Bye! ️

When the app was new we had conversations with the developers in world chat. Or rather, we told the devs what we envisioned SMASH Monsters to be; lol. I believe, that their interaction with us was a way to gauge community feedback and brainstorm ideas. It was also a way to reign in community expectations for a tap tap game.

A major request was monster vs monster battles, or faction wars, but those were not possible. As more devs joined the group they brought their own vision for SMASH. Some of those old ideas were eventually taken off of the table as the game turned into the app we play today. It was fun to be a part of the game as it took shape.

Smash Monsters was the first ATA app to be remade and it was remade again after the global launch.

This was unprecedented and I hope to see SMASH remade when they’re ready to pick it up again. The AppStore lacks a game similar to Smash and it’s perhaps why many of us stayed.

Right now, Heckfire is their new app and looks it promising. If you were in the beta program you would’ve seen that they were rolling out fixes frequently, talking to the beta player base, tweaking the game based on community feedback. They'd have tons of open tickets on bugs and next update you'd see most of them fixed. They'd fix things that were relatively minor and didn't need the attention. They'd have polls on new features to tweak the game according to the beta play base and so on. Say you wanted a feature that you'd think would go great with the game, you could talk to a dev and if they liked it, they added it.

You get the idea. The Heckfire team is crazy passionate about their game and are a dedicated group of people. Currently, there are no players moderating the game aside from manual reports. The customer support team is doing it solo and it is really impressive when you realize the number of world chat/realm chats in KoH. We definitely don't have the same team on Smash It was encouraging to see the team work that hard at Heckfire also sad because Smash seems like was being ignored.

I’ve played games similar to KoH and I am not in the mood to commit to another grind so quickly. Someday I’ll be back on to play with the friends that I’ve gained through playing ATA games. People have different tastes; that’s ok. There are some players that never liked Smash.

Not many players find SMASH Monsters palatable and that is perfectly fine. We may not have had the largest community but it’s charming in a quaint way. Eventually this sandbox became our chosen meeting place: a respite from RL for some, a way to unload aggression for others, or profession for a privileged few. This was, and continues to be, a close community; one that I’ve had a great opportunity to be a part of. Thank you for the friendly rivalries and I hope that the enmity ends after the raids are over. I choose to believe that the players I’ve encountered will close this app with no ill feelings from a tap tap game.

If you see me in another life, please feel free to send me a message, I’ll be glad to catch up. I wish you all the best and most importantly- I hope your time here has been as pleasant as you are. That can be a compliment or curse depending on how you interpret your own actions here. I’ll be around until the end and wish you well on your future endeavors.

Cheers,
Karp
magikarp

Re: GG

Postby Hermione » Feb 10 2018, 11:55pm

This was so beautifully written!!!
I'll miss Smash too.
I'm really happy you posted this, because I wasn't around at the beginning. I didn't have a compatible apple device at the time.
All of those things look like they were super fun!!! And I am sad to see SMASH go.

I did get addicted to Kingdoms of Heckfire though. It's really addictive for me. I really hope to see you in another game too! Hopefully we can keep in touch.
Hermione

Postby Tommelz » Feb 11 2018, 1:06am

An Awesome thread written with great words. Some parts took me down memory lane and actually gave me the chills.

Tommelz

Postby Tyrant » Feb 11 2018, 10:08am

 Love you Karp, beautifully written. Hope to see you elsewhere soon.
Tyrant

Postby resin » Feb 11 2018, 3:54pm

Ty
resin

Postby MonsterMine2 » Feb 12 2018, 12:45pm

Bump
MonsterMine2

Return to Other SMASH Discussion