ATA: Mediocrity redefined?

Discuss anything SMASH related that isn’t covered above.

ATA: Mediocrity redefined?

Postby Blob » Dec 1 2017, 12:26pm

Hello! It's been a while and I thought I'd stop by and see if things have improved.
So I stopped playing SMASH about 8 months ago due to a myriad of reasons. I was quite active until then, grinding Holos daily and in a top 5 faction. I stuck around when ATA overhauled the game, gave out 100Ks of EX as compensation, when they devalued EX and close to killed the game after the update. It took them months to fix it, months to change the prices of EX to reflect it's new value after the imbalance caused by ATA. I'm not going to get into that here anyway. 8 months ago, I quit SMASH and moved back to KaW and then eventually picked up Heckfire during it's beta.

So one of the major reasons I quit was because ATA refused to release spell check/auto correct for android and when I moved to Android Nougat I lost all emoji support too.
Essentially I'd have to tap out each alphabet individually to form a word and couldn't see emojis. I gave it a year and still some more and yet the update never came, no matter how many mails I sent in to support.

It's been 2 years since android SMASH was released and there's still no spell check. Which is ludicrous.
ATA. What are you thinking? Why isn't something as basic as being able to type coherently and easily using spell check a priority? Two years and nothing. No emoji support for Nougat yet. I'm already running android Oreo on my main device. For those of you that can see emojis on android, ATA hasn't updated the platform for the later versions/every other compatible version.

You see, it's things like this across ATA games that make me question them as a company. They reek of mediocrity. It's not just SMASH, you this lack of community centric updates on all their games. If anything, the Heckfire team has been a ray of sunshine with their eagerness to perfect their game, although I'm not sure how long that will last.

I was curious and installed SMASH today to see if ATA would have had the foresight to update SMASH to a 18:10 aspect ratio that the flagship phones of 2017 are using, instead of 16:9. The new iPhone X, Samsung S8 are some of the new devices with the full screen ratio trend.
Instead now it's worse, if you're using a device with a full screen display(~18:9), this is how it looks.

See the blue parts at the top and the bottom? That's my homescreen wallpaper. So if I open SMASH, since there's been no 18:9 resolution update, I can see the top/bottom strips of whatever app I have opened in the background whilst playing SMASH.

Which again is ludicrous. Absolutely amateur hour.

So, we have:
1. Spell Check update that was promised for droid and hasn't seen the light of day for two years now.
2. No Emoji support for the newer droid versions.
3. No 18:9(Full Screen) update.

These are just some of the issues at the top of my head, there's so many more things that need to be fixed.

You know, forget the repetitive nature of the game, ie the holo grinding via auto hitting cities with your monsters. I was okay with that.

I just wish ATA would wake up and learn how to run their games.

-A disappointed Blob.

I can be reached on KaW/KoH, my IGN is "Ecstasy".
Last edited by Blob on Dec 1 2017, 9:57pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob

Re: ATA: Mediocrity redefined?

Postby dolph » Dec 1 2017, 1:49pm

Solution : Buy iPhone
dolph

Postby Tyrant » Dec 1 2017, 7:40pm

dolph wrote:Solution : Buy iPhone

Boom.

My choice in phone is heavily dependent on Smash.
Tyrant

Postby -Boobie- » Dec 1 2017, 8:16pm

You make good points but that yellow text is extremely difficult to read against the light background.

Why is the forum layout different on tab versus phone?
Moar Respek to da chamION
-Boobie-

Return to Other SMASH Discussion